Arc System Work’s 2D anime brawler Dragon Ball FighterZ was revealed to be coming to Nintendo Switch during Nintendo’s E3 Direct, and players will be able to participate in an open beta this month according to a Gematsu report.
The beta will be starting on August 10th at 12 AM ET / 5 AM BST and ending on August 12th at 3 AM ET / 8 AM BST, and will feature a variety of modes as well as 23 playable characters (the entire roster consists of 24 characters excluding DLC).
The playable characters in the beta are:
- Android 16
- Android 18
- Captain Ginyu
- Gohan (Teen)
- Gohan (Adult)
- Goku (Super Saiyan)
- Goku (SSGSS)
- Goku Black
- Kid Buu
- Majin Buu
- Vegeta (Super Saiyan)
- Vegeta (SSGSS)
The playable modes in the beta are:
- “Extreme Type” Control Scheme (New Feature) – Switch between the standard and “Extreme Type” control schemes that allow you to unleash special moves with easy inputs. This can be changed at any time from the character select screen.
- Arena Match – Directly battle against players in the same lobby in one-versus-one matches in the arena.
- Replay Channel – Watch your replay videos. While watching, you can stick Z-Stamps wherever you like in the video.
- Circle Match – Create a circle in the lobby and recruit players to enjoy battles with players in that group.
- Circle Party Match – A battle mode where the six players recruited in a Circle Match all participate in the same battle.
When Dragon Ball FighterZ was released earlier this year, it was praised by both critics and fans for being an accessible but competitively viable fighting game that managed to capture the frantic action and over-the-top presentation of the popular manga and anime series, without sacrificing the tight gameplay and mechanics that the genre is known for.
Dragon Ball FighterZ is currently available on Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC, and will be available for Nintendo Switch on September 27th in Japan, and September 28th in the USA and Europe. The original report can be read here.